CORONAVIRUS (COVID19) INFORMATION:
Coronavirus (COVID19) is a respiratory illness where symptoms may include fever, cough or sore throat and difficulty breathing and can range in severity from very mild symptoms to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. For more information click HERE.
How do I protect myself from Coronavirus (COVID19)?
World Health Organisation’s (WHO) standard recommendations are:
1. Frequently CLEAN HANDS thoroughly with soap and water or by using alcohol-based hand rub. Avoid touching your face unless you have cleaned your hands.
2. When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash your hands.
3. Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough.
4. Seek early medical help if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
Can I Get Tested?
The Western Australia Department of Health has expanded testing criteria. If you have symptoms or fall into any of the categories below, please go to a COVID Clinic for testing. Your regular GP can also provide a referral to send you to a private pathology company for testing. If your respiratory symptoms are severe, call 000 for an ambulance or present to your nearest Emergency Department. Call before entering the hospital waiting room.
- Anyone who has a fever of 37.5 degrees or higher, or history of fevers in the past few days OR an acute respiratory infection (ie: cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, acute loss of smell or taste)
Please read these SELF ISOLATION guidelines and who needs to self isolate.
For more information, please call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800020080.
All other Patients attending Third Avenue Surgery
Please call the practice before attending so that we can triage you effectively.
Ensure that you sanitise your hands upon entering the premises.
From the 21st December 2020 we will be utilising the contact register. We feel this will further ensure the safety of all our patients, Doctors and staff. Please download the SafeWA app and scan the QR code upon arrival or alternately, you can use our manual register.
We would greatly appreciate anyone attending the practice at this time to make card payments instead of cash where possible or applicable. Thank you for your consideration.